Grilled Chicken Satay with Honey Peanut Sauce
|For Chicken Satay Skewers:|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast,cut into long strips (about 1 oz. each)||1 1/2 lbs.|
|Skewers,soaked in water if wooden||24|
|Olive oil||2 T|
|Borneo acacia raw active honey||2 T|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 T|
|For Honey Peanut Sauce:|
|Crunchy peanut butter||1/2 cup|
|Borneo Acacia Honey||1/2 cup|
|Soy sauce||1/3 cup|
|Rice wine vinegar||1/3 cup|
|Sesame oil||2 tsp.|
|Red pepper flakes||2 tsp.|
|Red chili sauce fresh limes for serving||2 T|
- Mix the olive oil, soy sauce, honey and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Cut the chicken into strips and toss in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the Honey Peanut Sauce and set aside at room temperature to let the flavors meld.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and thread the chicken strips onto the skewers
- Grill the chicken satay skewers for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve warm or room temp along with Honey Peanut Sauce and fresh limes.