Times Read: 424 0
Sweet Spicy Salmon with Honeyed Mango Salsa
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
|Ripe mango, peeled and chopped||1 large|
|Red bell pepper, finely chopped||1/4 cup|
|Red onion, finely chopped||1/4 cup|
|Fresh cilantro, chopped||2 tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice, divided||2 tablespoon|
|Borneo acacia raw active honey||1 tablespoon|
|Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced||1 small|
|Borneo acacia raw active honey||1/3 cup|
|Mexican hot sauce||2 tablespoon|
|Salmon fillets||4 (4 to 6-oz.)|
- To prepare the salsa, combine the mango, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 tablespoon honey and jalapeno in a medium bowl.
- Stir well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whisk together the honey, hot sauce and remaining lime juice in a small bowl.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry; brush liberally with honey mixture.
- Place skin side up on a well oiled grill over medium coals; cook for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly charred.
- Turn and cook for 8 to 10 minutes more, basting liberally with sauce during cooking.
- Remove from grill and transfer to a serving platter.
- Top with mango salsa.